Home > Uncategorized > Flight Training Requirements For International Students

Flight Training Requirements For International Students

Flight Training Requirements For International StudentsAll non US citizens planning to begin their flight training in USA should notify the flight school of their choice in advance that they intend to start flight training because the flight school also needs to register online with TSA before you begin flight training. If the flight school is already registered with TSA, it might be useful to bring all required documents and information for the application to the flight school and register there, as you will have to include training details on your application. This will allow the flight school to upload required documents to TSA and also to make copies for the flight school”s record-keeping requirements.

I-20 Student Visa

The first or initial step in preparation for attending a flight school in USA is making sure you have the right visa.

Understanding Your I-20

The I-20 is a multi-purpose document issued by a government approved, U.S. educational institution certifying that you have been admitted to a full-time study program and that you have demonstrated sufficient financial resources to stay in the U.S. The I-20 is officially titled the “Certificate of Eligibility” because with it, you are “eligible” to apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Your spouse or children will also each need their own I-20 to obtain F-2 dependent status, if desired.

Getting the I-20 from a U.S. school is not enough to become a legal F-1 student; you must also be allowed entry to the U.S. as an F-1, or be approved for a change of status from another type of non-immigrant visa.

How the I-20 is used by the student outside the U.S.

After receiving an I-20 from their school, an international student must make an appointment to apply for the F-1 visa at the local U.S. embassy or consulate in their country (the visa is needed to be allowed entry into the U.S.). The student must present both the F-1 visa and the I-20 to a U.S. Immigration inspector upon arrival at the port-of-entry.

How the I-20 is used by a student inside the U.S.

Once you have arrived in the U.S. and passed through the border inspections process, the I-20 is used as identification purposes and proof of your legal and academic status. If you get a job on or off-campus, you will be required to show the I-20 to your employer during the hiring process. Off-campus employment information will be printed on page 3 of your I-20.

Traveling with the I-20

If you will be traveling abroad, take your I-20 with you. The I-20 is required to reapply for a visa if you need one and for re-entering the U.S.

Does Everyone Need an I-20?

Some international students do not need I-20s. If you are maintaining another nonimmigrant status in the U.S., you do not need an 1-20 and may be able to attend school full- or part-time. Dependent children in E, H, I, J, L, M, N, 0, P, R, or S status need to change status after their 21st birthday.

The I-20 Information Data Source

The Aviator College of Aeronautical Science accepts aspiring International Students who wish to complete an Associate of Science Degree in Aeronautical Science. The Aviator Flight Training Academy accepts International Students who wish to complete a certificate program or earn specific licenses. The Degree Program will take up to a 24 months for completion. Students complete five consecutive semesters. The last two semesters contain an internship component. Interns are required to instruct a minimum of 153 hours each of the two semesters along with completing the General Education Requirements. Transfer Credit may be given for the General Education requirements and previous flight training completed. Send transcripts and copies of any current flight licenses to the Registrars Office for determination.

Aviator’s International Student Services Department provides guidance to international students. Staff members assist students in interpreting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations. Services include assisting visa holders with travel signatures, new I-20’s, social security and visa extensions, international student orientation, as well as other immigration matters.

Visa Information For Flight Training Degree Program At Aviator College

If you are planning to come to the U.S. for the Aeronautical Science Degree Program (including flight training), you must enter on a Student Visa. The College is approved by the INS to issue paperwork for visas under the Foreign Student Exchange Visitor Programs.

Aviator College provides a certificate of eligibility (I-20) to all admitted international students. The form is used to apply for the F-1 or M-1 Visa. The form verifies to U.S. immigration officials the student is academically qualified to attend the College, and has sufficient funds to cover the required period of study, and that subsequent funds will be available for the future. Students must demonstrate proof of financial support at the time of application.

Aviator policy states that students are required to attend for one full semester when entering the United States on a College provided I-20 form. Aviator College will not release a student to another educational institution until the student completes one semester.

  1. Upon receipt of your deposit and the Application for Enrollment, you will receive the original I-20 or IAP-66 student visa form via overnight mail at the address provided. Remember you must provide a complete physical address in order for delivery to occur.
  2. You must take the original visa form to the U.S. Embassy in your country for approval. Please inform admissions of your tentative arrival date and your flight information so a representative may meet you at the airport to welcome you to the USA and Aviator College of Aeronautical Science & Technology. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
  3. If you have applied for a visa you will also need to register with S.E.V.I.S . at http://www.fmjfee.com – see their website for details.
  4. Contact your local US embassy to make an appointment, and ensure you have the required documentation and follow the correct procedure for the visa interview. READ Your local US embassy website extremely carefully!

Contact Aviator
Enroll Now
Schedule a Visit

Distributed by Viestly

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: