Home > Uncategorized > F1 Visa for Flight Training Students

F1 Visa for Flight Training Students

F1 Visa for Flight Training StudentsThe F1 visa allows students from around the world to study full time in the United States at accredited primary, secondary or post-secondary academic institutions. The F1 is a non-immigrant visa, meaning it is intended for temporary visitors who do not intend to become permanent residents.

However, F1 recipients are usually eligible for 12 months of practical training (employment authorization or permission to work) during and after completing their studies. Students who take advantage of this training or other similar opportunities may in essence use F1 visas as the first step in their journeys toward permanent residence.

F1 Visa Requirements

To be eligible for an F1 visa, foreign students must possess all of the following:

  • An offer of study from an approved educational institution in America
  • Intent to travel to America for the purpose of enrollment in a full course of study (as certified by the academic institution in postgraduate or postdoctoral level study or at least 12 semester hours on the university level or equivalent)
  • A valid passport
  • Ability to prove they have sufficient funds to pay for tuition and costs for the duration of the program, although in certain circumstances the student may be given permission to work
  • Fluency in English or enrolled in an immersion course or other course that will lead to proficiency
  • Intent to return to their country of abode after expiration of the visa
Other Foreign-Student Opportunities

Students may additionally participate in the Optional Practical Training program that allows temporary paid work “directly related” to their fields of study. This work normally does not exceed 12 months in total. After a year at school, the student can utilize OPT part time when school is in session, full time when it is not or after graduation.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services estimates about 70,000 foreign graduates currently participate in this practical training program.

Aeronautical Science Degree Program at Aviator College

The Aviator College of Aeronautical Science accepts aspiring International Students who wish to complete an Associate of Science Degree in Aeronautical Science. The Aviator Flight Training Academy accepts International Students who wish to complete a certificate program or earn specific licenses.

Visa Information for International Flight Students at Aviator College

If you are planning to come to the U.S. for the Aeronautical Science Degree Program (including flight training), you must enter on a Student Visa. Aviator College is approved by the INS to issue paperwork for visas under the Foreign Student Exchange Visitor Programs.

Aviator College provides a certificate of eligibility (I-20) to all admitted international students. The form is used to apply for the F-1 or M-1 Visa. The form verifies to U.S. immigration officials the student is academically qualified to attend the College, and has sufficient funds to cover the required period of study, and that subsequent funds will be available for the future. Students must demonstrate proof of financial support at the time of application.

Aviator policy states that students are required to attend for one full semester when entering the United States on a College provided I-20 form. Aviator College will not release a student to another educational institution until the student completes one semester.

  1. Upon receipt of your deposit and the Application for Enrollment, you will receive the original I-20 or IAP-66 student visa form via overnight mail at the address provided. Remember you must provide a complete physical address in order for delivery to occur.
  2. You must take the original visa form to the U.S. Embassy in your country for approval. Please inform admissions of your tentative arrival date and your flight information so a representative may meet you at the airport to welcome you to the USA and Aviator College of Aeronautical Science & Technology. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
  3. If you have applied for a visa you will also need to register with S.E.V.I.S . at  – see their website for details.
  4. Contact your local US embassy to make an appointment, and ensure you have the required documentation and follow the correct procedure for the visa interview. READ Your local US embassy website extremely carefully!

Distributed by Viestly

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: